Saturday, February 9, 2019 | 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Art Farm Studio: Basic Knitting with Nicole Bettis
What you’ll learn in this knitting class:
Whether you’re a total beginner or a long-lost knitter who needs a refresher–if you’ve been wanting to learn this fun, meditative skill, this class is for you.
In this workshop, you’ll learn the basics of this simple, portable, ancient craft of turning fiber into fabric. With a pair of needles, some yarn and a little basic know-how, you’ll be on your way to knitting a complete hat or scarf. In this class, you will have all the skills to complete a basic pattern, and will be able to pick from a variety of yarns and patterns during the lesson!
In this class, you’ll learn the basics of knitting including:
· Yarn & various needle information
· How to cast on and start your project
· Both the knit and purl stitch
· How to bind off to finish any project
· How to read a basic pattern so you can knit at home with confidence!
Basic supplies including needles, various yarns, and patterns will be provided in the class.